Click here to for a printable version.
Chris Chester, Web Professional
Web Producer — WAMU 88.5 News
Washington, DC — 08/2011 — Present
- Spearheaded station social media efforts on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit and other platforms, crafting a social voice for the station accounts and coaching reporters.
- Served as the lead digital producer on major station initiatives, including Breaking Ground
documentary series, the 2014 voter guide and WAMU’s new audience-driven content initiative.
- Acted as the principal advocate for the use of Google Analytics, composing a daily digest breaking down the causes of the most successful stories by day, week, month and year.
- Wrote and produced front-page packages for station website, including original photos, video, interactive and HTML elements and copy in support of station activities.
Web Producer — Washington Post Express
Washington, DC — 10/2010 — 08/2011
- Coordinated with print production staff to translate original feature content for major regional daily newspaper into web-friendly and SEO-optimized online content.
- Facilitated the creation of online-native content to add value beyond that present in the print edition, including the creation of original images and novel uses of proprietary CMS.
- Managed team of part-time web production staff to parse through large volumes of content and achieve site goals.
Editor/Web Producer — OPEN Sports Network
Deerfield Beach, FL — 07/2008 — 07/2010
- Produced front page content packages, including the creation of vibrant cover images, story headlines, and keywords for SEO in a proprietary content management system.
- Composed original editorial content based on topical currents and actively spear-headed its promotion on social networking sites like Twitter, Facebook, and Digg.
- Successfully managed relationships with third-party promotional networks, generating significant traffic gains with micro-targeted content.
News and Features Writer — Massively.com, in the AOL Games Network
10/2007 — 07/2008
- Investigated leads in the massively multiplayer game community and synthesized into engaging blog posts, with emphasis on back-linking to site content to maximize SEO.
- Composed original feature content including game guides, product previews, walk-throughs, and galleries including extensive use of original images.
- Grew the Massively site brand by advocating home-grown content on major forum communities, facilitating community response and engaging in reader feedback.
Adobe Photoshop, Audition, Premiere Pro, Dreamweaver, Microsoft Office Suite
Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, StumbleUpon, RSS distribution, Google Analytics, and knowledge of SEO best practices.
WordPress, Joomla, HTML, Drupal, Movable Type and propriety content management systems.
- B.A. in Political Science from American University, graduated in 2008 with a 3.5 GPA
- M.A. in Interactive Journalism from American University